Yo Ho Ho !



And it's Christmas - again. It keeps coming around every year! I'm doing the usual mix of family and friends. A friend of mine told me this morning "Treasure your family, especially your Mum"  - he's an orphan from another country, so he knows what it's like to only have friends at this time. Family lunch today, then again tomorrow, it's a lot all at once, but generally, I enjoy my family. And I like being an uncle and a great-uncle.

I'm lucky that way I guess, I know it's not the case for every gay guy. Families can be a curse or a blessing, or a mixture.

Another friend from SF told me the other day "You know, I read your blogs and think you sound more like a cranky old man, but I find myself agreeing with you!" So maybe I am cranky - and right at the same time if he's agreeing with me.

I can be a moody shit at times, I know. It's part of the package. I can also be kind, caring, charming and fun - we all have our weak-spots.

Whatever Santa brings you, I hope you have fun and get some time with people you love. I know it's a cliche, but time is the most important thing we can give each other, time to be with those you care about, time to listen, to have fun, just to be there - it's more precious than anything you can buy - cause one day, the time will run out.

Hot summer Xmas means men in shorts and skimpy t-shirts, so much eye-candy, I do enjoy that.


And I am amazed at the people who tell me they read this blog. So thank you for taking the time to read what I write - and keep reading! 








Comments

Popular Posts